Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job serves as the primary contact between designated Institutes, Accounting, and IT for all items that relate to Revenue Cycle. Working closely with Institute, Physician, and Hospital leadership, this role is responsible for the proactive management of the revenue cycle processes and requires a full understanding of systems, process, and Institute specific coding and billing requirements. This job provides the Institutes and Revenue Cycle leadership with the status and analysis of standard operational, financial, billing and budget statistics on a regular basis and is recognized as a leader and subject matter expert by colleagues.
- Establish and manage effective ongoing communication with assigned Institute(s) / Facilities to identify and address business needs; provides guidance and timely responses to customer service questions and requests; leads regular meetings with Institutes and other stakeholders. (10%)
- Effectively manage Institute(s) expectations regarding financial and overall Revenue Cycle performance. (10%)
- Works collaboratively with practices and leaders to enhance work flows and procedures by identifying training and development needs for all processes within the Revenue Cycle, as well as appropriate hand-off for designated topics. (10%)
- Complete analysis of issues for action, presents this information and implements or supervises action plans. (10%)
- Proactively identify sources of issues and communicates these to the appropriate parties. (10%)
- Provide Institute(s) with updates on new initiatives within the Professional Revenue Cycle designed to enhance Revenue Cycle performance. (10%)
- Round with assigned Institute(s) regularly. (10%)
- Provide Institute(s) and Professional CBO with statistical analysis, consulting with stakeholders to identify issues and trends contributing to variances in expected performance. (10%)
- Develop expertise for assigned Institute(s) resulting in the assigned Institute(s) recognizing you as a leader and expert in your area. (10%)
- Conduct regular quality assurance checks to ensure that assigned Institute(s) processes are working as expected. (5%)
- Represent all functional areas within Professional Revenue Cycle to the Institute(s). (5%)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR Six (6) years of related experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree
- 7 years of progressive revenue cycle experience
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice