Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for supporting efforts related to the design, build, implementation, training, evaluation, testing and maintenance of all Revenue Cycle systems (Epic, Meditech, nThrive, etc.) Functions on an advanced level in multiple platforms, business systems, and tool set. Must be able to perform all other tasks assigned by the Director of Revenue Cycle Systems or Chief Revenue Officer. Establishes and maintains relationships at the appropriate level between Revenue Cycle Operations and Information Technology, in order to provide appropriate escalation of issues, solution benefits, etc.
- Must provide systematic daily support to numerous health system management teams. Supports the business, technical, and operational needs of the Revenue Cycle departments. Departments include but not limited to Patient Access, Patient Accounts, Health Information Management and Finance. Must focus on a balanced approach to systems that considers organization needs, human issues and technology factors. Ability to define the problem, identify requirements, visualize solutions and gain user involvement. Possess the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. (40%)
- Function as a liaison between Information Technology, systems vendors and Revenue Cycle departments. (20%)
- Coordinate various aspects of project implementations, system upgrades, break/fix issues, training and quality assurance processes. Assist in system functional and user acceptance testing. (20%)
- Communicates easily, accurately and confidently. Tactfully and diplomatically negotiates based on need and foresight in conflicting situations. Effectively presents information and responds to questions from groups of hospital managers, staff, QI teams, clients (i.e. physicians, clinics), coworkers and other customers and associates. Effectively communicates via telephone and messaging. (10%)
- Required to make sound decisions without supervisory intervention. Ability to read, analyze and interpret periodicals, professional journals, procedure manuals and government regulations relevant to financial functions supported. (10%)
- Epic proficient or certified within one year of hire date
- 3-5 years healthcare revenue cycle experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certified Revenue Cycle Specialist or higher
- 1-3 years of Epic experience
- Healthcare experience; system implementation; Epic, Meditech or other healthcare financial information experience; electronic claims system experience
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice