Job Description :
This executive leader will have overall responsibility for developing and executing the branding and go-to-market strategy for Highmark’s health plan, working collaboratively across the enterprise. Develop and lead a team of highly motivated marketing professionals in strategic B2B (Business to Business) and B2C (Business to Consumer) marketing, creative services, branding, advertising, and marketing operations. Generate a deep understanding of the customer needs market segmentation and customer lifetime value.
- Performs management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Improves the key pillars of Highmark’s brand equity among its target customer segments and in regional markets. Builds a strong brand connection between Allegheny Health Network and Highmark through joint marketing, creative expression, media planning and campaign initiatives.
- Uses attitude branding to develop an emotional connection with customers.
- Uses reliable, sophisticated marketing analytics and a test-and-learn approach to consistently improve the return on investment of mass, direct, digital and B2B marketing campaign elements.
- Drives demand for products and services and improves customer lifetime value through acquisition and enrollment, retention and loyalty, and member engagement initiatives.
- Works collaboratively with market segments and distribution channels to develop strategic marketing plans that support annual business goals.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or Related Field
Substitutions 6 years of experience in lieu of degree.
Master’s Degree in Marketing, Business or Related Field
- 10 years’ experience marketing in healthcare services or related industry, ideally with industry-leading companies with a well-developed brand reputation
- Five (5) years experience leading a strategic marketing, creative services and marketing operations function
- Demonstrated track record in using customer insights, market research, segmentation and marketing analytics to build a marketing strategy and plan
- Experience taking a segmented marketing approach with B2C and B2B customer groups, ideally including producers, employers and payers
- Success in building brand equity, driving demand that satisfies business growth goals, and delivering continuous improvement in marketing return on investment
- Experience working in a complex matrix organization, creating marketing programs for internal business unit stakeholders and collaborating across the enterprise
- Demonstrated success in integrated, 360-degree campaigns that produce expected results.
- Experience working in a senior marketing role for a company that has successfully gone through a major business transformation
- Demonstrated success in building a diverse, top-performing marketing team through skills development, career pathing and succession planning
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- An understanding of the healthcare reimbursement system, including fully insured, self-funding, Medicare and Health Insurance Marketplace programs
- Strong influencing skills and executive presence
- Outstanding verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- A process-oriented mindset from marketing brief through campaign execution, supported by marketing productivity tools and systems
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice