United Concordia Companies Inc
Job Description :
This job is responsible for servicing and potentially expanding business within existing UCD accounts. The incumbent provides support to selected large regional and national brokers and consultants. Additionally, the individual is an active participant in sales retention strategy development and is responsible for meeting or exceeding retention, persistency and profitability goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Develop, maintain, and enhance relationships with selected large regional and national brokers and consultants.
- Establish the account retention strategy for assigned relationships in alignment with corporate strategies.
- Generate new ideas, create competitive advantage, and evaluate and select strategies to increase retention and persistency within established profitability parameters.
2. Provide account service and support.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key account personnel and their associated brokers.
- Follow established service guidelines and protocols.
- Proactively detect and resolve existing problems timely to ensure account satisfaction and retention of business.
- Provide “troubleshooting” support to customers and brokers, typically involving resolution of issues related to benefit interpretations, customer service inquiries, claims adjudication, benefits issues, membership and billing activity, etc. This often requires coordination of support from UCD personnel in a variety of departments.
- Create and provide customer specific reports as appropriate.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase account satisfaction.
3. Retain and grow existing business.
- Perform annual rate and contract renewal activities.
- Interface with Underwriting on renewals as needed.
- Present renewals to accounts.
- Educate accounts on new products, services, and policies on regular basis.
- Prepare and coordinate open enrollment activities.
- Develop and implement strategies to prevent enrollment reduction/loss of groups.
4. Coordinate information and activity with UCD personnel
- Participate in finalist presentations for new business opportunities.
- Monitor and report competitor activity, renewal issues, etc.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the competition.
- Develop strategies to market against the competition.
5. Analyze and interpret competitor networks.
- Utilize reporting software and internal resources to perform network disruption analysis.
- Provide network information to sales and management personnel for use in sales strategy.
- Communicate network information to customers and brokers/consultants to highlight competitive advantages.
6. Develop and execute Account Retention Strategy
- Develop account retention strategy and coordinate execution of retention strategy with Sales and Account Executives staff to increase retention and persistency within established profitability parameters
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 7 – 10 years of sales or account experience in insurance industry or employee benefits
- 3 – 5 years of experience using MS Office personal computer based word processing, spreadsheet, and end user reporting software
- Appropriate Department of Insurance licensure for the assigned region is required or ability to obtain within 45 days of hire
- Ability to undertake regular travel throughout the assigned area
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Bachelors or Masters degree
- 6 – 8 years of sales or account service experience in the employee benefits industry, including 2 years of large account sales/service experience
- Strong customer orientation/focus
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong negotiation, influencing and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to interact with senior level executives
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice