Provider Ppi Llc
Job Description :
This job is responsible for developing and managing a broad based pharmacy contract portfolio of products and services. Administers the contract portfolio and utilization programs to manage pharmaceutical expense; oversees Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) programs; develops high level strategic relationships with pharmacy leaders, strategic supplier partners, and distributors; assists in formulary program activities; creates sourcing and contract strategies for pharmacy; and develops and maintains pharmaceutical expense reporting on key performance metrics.
Essential Job Functions:
- Negotiate and/or administer the health system's pharmaceutical contracts.
- Manage the contract portfolio in an efficient manner designed to optimize market opportunities.
- Manage the contract life-cycle; including renewal or termination contracts and negotiation of contract changes and amendments, as required.
- Assist in the development of strategic initiatives and measurements for formulary initiatives.
- Monitor pharmaceutical manufacturer performance.
- Review and evaluate pharmaceutical expenses and perform spend analyses to identify standardization, formulary, utilization and contracting opportunities.
- Maintain current understanding of the forces impacting the pharmaceutical industry as well as individual manufacturers.
- Conduct business reviews with pharmaceutical manufacturers, GPO, wholesalers and distributors on a regular basis with a focus on optimizing contract performance.
- Establish reporting tools and monitors key pharmacy performance metrics.
- Manage and assists support staff.
- Responsible for the development, tracking and reporting on personal and team goals and key performance metrics.
- Participate in the formulation, development and revision to policies, procedures and strategies related to assigned area.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- RPh Pharmacy
- Pharm.D. Pharmacy
- 3 – 5 years of Acute care pharmacy or similar experience
- Registered Pharmacist, PA
- Master's in Business Administration (MBA)
0 -1 year of Pharmaceutical distribution experience
0 -1 year of Group purchasing experience
0 -1 year of Leadership experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge of pharmacy markets and trade classes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Negotiation skills
- Contracting skills
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice