Hm Health Solutions Inc.
Job Description :
This position is a member of the Mainframe Systems Support team and will primarily be accountable for ensuring a highly available IMS environment. This results-oriented job requires solid mainframe systems programming skills to support the IMS V15 regions.
Within area of expertise takes a lead role to (application, solution, information, technology, business) design, develop, implement, support, and optimize more complex architecture strategy to meet business capabilities and needs. Takes a lead role to ensure completeness of more complex architecture by adequately addressing all the pertinent concerns of its stakeholders. Ensures integrity of more complex architecture by connecting various views of stakeholders, reconciling conflicting concerns, and showing the trade-offs made in so doing. Considers practicality and fitness for purpose in determining architecture to develop. Leverages business and technology knowledge to enable and/or alter business processes, practices, organizations and systems. Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and best in class industry business trends and practices. May take on role of Project Lead for special assignments. May mentor less experienced team members.
1. Takes a lead role to provide strategic consultation to business customers in defining or designing more complex business processes, functions and organizational structures, as well as in researching, identifying and internally marketing enabling technologies based on customer capability requirements. Facilitates development of more complex enterprise business solutions that combine knowledge of particular business processes and issues, general technological options, and process facilitation techniques. Participates in more complex enterprise strategy development, including environmental analysis, opportunity identification, value cases and business innovation portfolio development.
2. Takes a lead role to specify and design large or more complex systems, solutions, networks, infrastructure elements, or processes. Selects appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensures that they are applied effectively. Reviews others’ system design to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and integration of multiple systems and technology. Establishes policy for selection of more complex architecture components. Evaluates and undertakes impact analysis on more complex major design options. Ensures that the system architecture balances functional, service quality and systems management requirements.
3. Uses appropriate tools, including models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of more complex architectures. Takes a lead role to produce detailed component requirements, specifications and translates these into detailed solutions/designs for implementation using selected products. Provides advice on technical aspects of system development, integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and processes. Ensures that relevant technical and business strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly.
4. Selects and uses more complex tools and methods to establish, clarify, and communicate the functional and non-functional requirements of system users, their characteristics, and tasks. Takes a lead role to identify the technical, organizational, and physical environment in which more complex products or systems will operate. Identifies, proposes, initiates, and leads significant improvement programs, taking responsibility for the quality and appropriateness of the work performed and the realization of measurable business benefits. Modifies existing process improvement approaches and/or develops new approaches to achieving improvement.
5. Takes a lead role to ensure the resolution of a variety of more complex architecture and business problems and serves as a technical or business lead for highly complex project initiatives.
- Communicates effectively will all levels of organization
- Manages expectations of customers, partners and management
- Participates in customer walkthroughs and plans; design and technical walkthroughs; and problem resolution and decision making
- Interacts with departments across the organization as necessary, including the development and interpretation of highly complex requirements for peers and other staff.
6. Maintains an in-depth knowledge of specific technical aspects in area of expertise and provides expert advice regarding their application. The area of specific expertise may be any aspect of information or communication technology, technique, method, process, product, or application area of a more complex nature.
7. Takes a lead role in providing leadership and mentoring in the areas of expertise and architecture to their peers, developers, management and business users including technical expertise, coaching, and ad-hoc training by:
- Preparing presentations on more complex issues on the area of expertise
- Presenting to their peers to ensure consistency to Highmark’s strategic direction.
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide stable and secure IMS V15 support
- Product installation and maintenance (SMP/E)
- Performance analysis, tuning and customization
- Understanding of all IMS related Program Products (Third Party Vendor Products)
- Strong understanding of BMC Utilities
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Research and assess new technology for potential deployment
- Conduct change inspections; determine associated risks and readiness for implementation
- Work schedule flexibility
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology
- 10 – 15 years’ experience in multiple IT disciplines and 5 – 7 years’ experience in business disciplines
*Grandfathered degree requirements effective July 2014
- Industry certifications
- Health insurance industry business knowledge
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
As an Architect, it is important to have experience in these areas.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a z/Series Mainframe IMS Systems Programmer
- Knowledge of JCL, IBM Utilities, DFDSS, IMS Performance Analyzer, IMS Omegamon, and CICS
- Able to work off-hours and weekends as scheduled, 24x7x365 on-call responsibilities
- Prior experience in supporting IBM z/Series Mainframes configured in a Parallel Sysplex environment
- RACF experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems quickly.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees? No x
Is Travel Required? Yes x
This job requires the ability to work as a team member. Additionally, this job requires the willingness and ability to report to work on a regular and timely basis and may require irregular work hours, holidays and/or weekends.
Employee Referral Level: 2
Note: Job duties and responsibilities support separation of duties across multiple users
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice