Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
The Administrative Resident is a casual position developed to provide a master’s student/graduate with comprehensive knowledge, training and independent project experience in the internal operations of healthcare administration. The Administrative Resident will translate theory into practice, participate in the decision-making process and develop professional values and skills. Rotation will be provided through key clinical departments, operating units and support areas with responsibility for substantive projects, supervision, budgets and limited operations. The Administrative Resident will have responsibility for a variety of projects which may include process improvement initiatives, budget preparations, revenue cycle improvements, operational analysis, service line initiatives, process flow impact and strategic planning.
- Display effective communication skills by interacting directly with colleagues, clientele and/or the internal or external constituencies in the planning of assignments and the resolution of day-to-day operational problems.
- Under supervision, provide entry-level professional services as appropriate to the day to day operating objectives of the area. Receives guidance, training and mentoring from senior personnel in planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
- Undertake and/or participate in projects and programs designed to develop professional skills and expertise appropriate to the needs of the organization.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of unit projects and initiatives within area of expertise and ability.
- As specifically requested by management, conducts research and reporting inclusive of recommendations or alternative proposals for action.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice