Hm Health Solutions Inc.
Job Description :
Due to Department of Defense (DoD) contract requirements, the incumbent who fills this position must be a US citizen, and must also pass a background check.
Responsible for the physical delivery and ongoing support of products/services, applications, network systems and overall solutions. Performs tasks including, but not limited to, systems software upgrades, workstation setups and server configurations. Maintains software and hardware inventories. Provides operational support and analysis for the organizations information systems and peripheral equipment, such as servers, desktops, printers and storage devices. Performs recovery procedures, scheduling and backups, and monitors batch processes.
- The installation, customization, implementation, documentation and ongoing maintenance of Open Systems (Linux & VMware) software products on all platform tiers (operating system/middleware/data base) with basic/limited scope and complexity.
- Analyzing the performance of test and production environments using monitoring tools on our server platforms to ensure performance levels are maintained at appropriate levels.
- Identifying operating system or software problems related to the software products they support and work with external vendor support organizations to provide resolutions to the system issues or product defects.
- Installation, support, and maintenance of Linux servers and the applications that run on them. This will include all patching, updating versions, and implementation of Security policies and settings.
- Provide programming to automate systems tasks. Programming languages such as PERL, Python or shell scripting will be used to automate system tasks on any platform.
Perform operational support of IT Infrastructure technology including, but not limited to, network, security, messaging, storage, voice, etc. Perform analysis and resolve problems to restore normal IT Infrastructure operational levels. Complete project tasks to enable the on time, within budget and scope delivery of IT Infrastructure projects. Assure compliance to required standards, procedures, guidelines and processes. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1-3 years of experience in Information Technology
- Candidate should have a basic understanding of the Linux Operating System.
- Due to Department of Defense (DoD) contract requirements, the incumbent who fills this position must be a US citizen, and must also pass a background check.
B.S Degree in a Business discipline or Computer/Information Science
One (1+) plus years work experience in or with one or more of the following:
- Unix/Linux/Windows system administration, configuration, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Operating systems such as Linux, Windows, or middleware technologies and/or scripting and program languages, Python, Perl, Shell, Java.
Employee Referral Level: 2
This job requires the ability to work as a team member. Additionally, this job requires the willingness and ability to report to work on a regular and timely basis and may require irregular work hours, holidays and/or weekends.
Note: Job duties and responsibilities support separation of duties across multiple users
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice