Date Posted: 20191025
Location: Allegheny General Hospital
Department: RN psychiatry consultation Liaison service/Adult Cl & ER Services
Status: Part Time
Shift: 48 hours every two weeks
Rotation for part time will rotate days, evenings, and work every other weekend
7am-3pm and 3pm-11pm, with weekend rotation-every other
The Allegheny Health Network is comprised of eight hospitals: Allegheny General, Allegheny Valley, Canonsburg, Forbes, Jefferson, Saint Vincent, Westfield Memorial and West Penn; and more than 200 primary- and specialty-care practices. And we have approximately 1,700 physicians in every clinical specialty, 17,000 employees and 2,000 volunteers. Together, we provide world-class medicine to patients in our communities, across the country and around the world.
For decades, the hospitals of Allegheny Health Network have been providing people with exceptional healthcare, care that helps people to live healthy lives and care that we deliver throughout their lifetimes.
Since 1885, Allegheny General Hospital (AGH) has offered medical care to Pittsburgh and its surrounding areas. What started with just 50 beds inside two adjoining brick homes has evolved into a premier health care institution with over 600 beds. Today, AGH still follows the founding partners mission statement, “Erected for the benefit of mankind to save life, relieve suffering and conserve health” by continually striving for outstanding patient experience and care. Allegheny General offers its patients many modern-day amenities, state-of-the art surgical suites, innovative technology, and advanced medical treatments, which are delivered by its world-renowned doctors in conjunction with exceptional teams of nurses, technicians, clinicians and supporting staff.
Provides assessment, triage, and supportive treatment for patients in the hospital and in the emergency room. Manages patient flow through disposition.
- Completes clinical assessment of patients either in the emergency room or on a medical unit. Reviews presenting illness, past psychiatric and/or medical history, relevant social/family history and history of substance abuse.
- Assists in case management of hospitalized patients with psychiatric/substance abuse issues.
- Serves as the initial point of contact for all referrals both internally and externally and coordinates all admissions.
- Provides crisis intervention and referral services as needed.
- Current PA licensure as a RN.
- Minimum 3 years psychiatric nursing experience required
- BSN preferred.
- 1 year med/surg nursing experience preferred.