Job Description :
Assumes overall responsibility and governance of department vendor relationships. Works with the vendors & customers beginning with the implementation process to foster relationship development. Acts as the intermediary between Highmark and the vendor to ensure all responsibilities as outlined in the contract are fulfilled. Serve as an advocate for Highmark managing expectations to achieve positive outcomes.
1. Communicate effectively.
2. Establishes and oversees the implementation of a governance meeting structure and procedures as outlined in the contract to ensure the efficient and effective management of the services and relationships between Highmark and the vendor/customer.
3. Ensure vendors adhere to all service level agreement metrics.
4. Represents, engages and champions Highmark needs within the governance process.
5. Manage issues escalation process, for project and tactical day to day activities, respond to high priority complex or escalated requests.
6. Act as feedback loop regarding future contract terms.
7. Gain deep vendor/customer business/operations/technology understanding and develop plans in conjunction with Highmark stakeholders to further enhance the vendor relationships.
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years experience in an operations, consulting or outsourcing contract management role
- 5 years experience utilizing insurance principles and industry practices.
- 3 years of experience managing vendor relationships or a relationship management role with a large customer or book of business
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees? No
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is Travel Required? Yes
Unusual Working Conditions
- This job requires the ability to work as a team member. Additionally, this job requires the willingness and ability to report to work on a regular and timely basis and may require irregular work hours, holidays and/or weekends.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Referral Level Payout 2
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org