Job Description :
*Fluent in Spanish*
This job collaborates with the Organization’s Sales Team up front to develop strategies for growth and/or maintaining enrollment and profitability by implementing and executing the strategies at employer based enrollment events by influencing members buying decisions against competing national and/or regional insurance carriers. Development of strategies with the Organization’s Sales Team to execute and influence members buying decisions tied around the Organization’s Value Based capabilities resulting in the retention and growth of medical contracts and maintaining and/or increasing profitability. This position is also responsible for up front development of consumerism strategies and network strategies in-conjunction with the Organization’s Sales Team by executing these strategies which influences member buying decisions and lifestyle choices impacting utilization at a client level to increase profitability along with driving patient steerage into AHN facilities and/or AHN providers increasing revenue and profitability into the AHN system while increasing and/or maintaining medical enrollment along with revenue and profitability for the Organization.
- In collaboration with Sales Client Management and Sales Executive team develop, implement and execute the sales strategies to influence member level buying decisions to maintain and grow sales projections and profitability at enrollment events which include competing insurance carrier options.
- Manage and build relationships at senior levels with clients, consultants and brokers/producers by creating valued business partnerships, demonstrating business acumen by building up front sales strategies with the Organization’s Sales team then executing these strategies by influencing member buying decisions at enrollment events to maintain and grow the Organization’s enrollment and profitability
- Upfront development of sales strategies with the Organization’s Sales Team on retention of terminated Organization group based contracts by implementing the strategies and executing the individual product sales experience for enrollment and revenue growth. Team is CMS Certified for the Affordable Care Act to sell individual products on the marketplace to retain and/or gain medical and supplemental contracts and revenue.
- Participate in the development of communication strategies with the Organization’s Sales Team, Consultants/Producers/Brokers and Clients to be able to explain and implement at a Member level the most complicated product options. Achieved by the strategist executing these strategies by influencing the member’s decisions to effectively navigate through the healthcare system and network challenges which drives retention and growth of the Organization’s contracts and impacts revenue and profitability.
- Participate in the upfront development of sales strategies with the Organization’s Sales Team, then executing those strategies in sales situations by influencing member buying decisions to purchase supplemental Lines of coverage for growth and/or retention of contracts and increase profitability for HMIG products along with the dental and vision companies on a regional and national basis.
- Participate in the upfront strategy development with the Organization’s Sales Team to influence member buying decisions by executing these strategies through selling and promoting network capabilities of the AHN network to increase steerage into AHN facilities and/or providers while growing AHN revenue and impacting AHN profitability in addition to retaining and/or growing Organization enrollment and profitability with implementing these strategies.
- Development of consumerism strategies with the Organization’s Sales Team and the Organization’s Clinical Client Relations and Wellness coaching teams to educate and promote Health and Wellness Capabilities of the Organization’s Brand by executing these strategies to influence member’s lifestyle choices to help improve lifestyle changes to impact utilization, increase profitability of group based business regionally and nationally.
- Identify and research operational issues based on customer interactions and customer feedback and transition details to the appropriate internal department (including but not limited to Product Management, membership, claims, eMarketing, etc).
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor’s Degree – Business, Health Care related fields
6 years of relevant experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree
Master’s Degree – Business, Health Care related fields
- 1 -3 years of experience as an account service administrator or member service representative for group accounts
- Sales Experience both at a retail and/or wholesale perspective
- Preferably includes 3-5 years of Sales Experience
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Complete understanding of the competition landscape to be able to sell against the insurance competition the Organization faces for medical enrollment.
- Ability to speak publicly and extemporaneously on a variety of subjects
- Presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- Organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Problem Solving capabilities required
- Significant product knowledge to sell the Organization’s Value Proposition to increase and retain the Organization’s enrollment. Work with internal departments to develop member-focused marketing strategies, presentations, brochures, messages, etc. to increase enrollment and value in the Organization’s consumerism product portfolio. Monitor and analyze consumer product developments by competitors and other industries to effectively and efficiently help the department respond to market trends
- This job requires the ability to work as a team member. Additionally, this job requires the willingness and ability to report to work on a regular and timely basis and will require irregular work hours, holidays and/or weekends.
Producer’s License Acc&Hlth-PA: Must be obtained within 45 days of hire
50% – 75%
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT (other than English)?
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
(The physical, mental demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of their job. Reasonable accommodations will be made when necessary to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position, to the extent that they do not cause undue hardship.
An employee in this position works in an office environment. The position frequently requires the employee to communicate effectively with others both inside and outside the workplace (e.g., in person, via telephone, via email). The employee must be able to understand, interpret and analyze data, solve problems, concentrate, and research, use available technological resources and systems (e.g., computers and computer programs), multi-task, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines to complete essential tasks. The employee generally works in a fast-paced and frequently stressful environment, must attend work on a regular and reliable basis as well as adhere to all workplace policies, and may be called upon to work outside regular business hours.
Teaches/Trains others regularly
Travels regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (Sales employees)
Physical Work Site Required
Most On-The-Road Positions
An employee in this position may work in a home or company office environment but is also frequently driving to and from various locations to perform the work off-site. The position frequently requires the employee to communicate effectively with others both inside and outside the workplace (e.g., in person, via telephone, via email). The employee must be able to understand, interpret and analyze data, solve problems, concentrate, and research, use available technological resources and systems (e.g., computers and computer programs), multi-task, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines to complete essential tasks. The employee generally works in a fast-paced and frequently stressful environment, must attend work on a regular and reliable basis as well as adhere to all workplace policies, and may be called upon to work outside regular business hours.
An employee in this position is frequently required to move throughout the workplace, sit, stand and walk, use hands and fingers to hold objects, tools or controls, possess fine motor skills (e.g., to write and operate a computer or to steer transportation equipment), possess gross motor skills (e.g., to carry items), reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop, kneel crouch and crawl, communicate effectively, and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to work in a busy environment where decisions often must be made quickly, must attend work on a regular and reliable basis, must adhere to all workplace policies, and may be called upon to work outside regular business hours. This work occurs in a [example: warehouse, hospital or provider’s office or mailroom].
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Does Not Apply
Changes Approved By: Jeff Cypher
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org