United Concordia Companies Inc
Job Description :
This job is responsible for posting funds received from assigned accounts in an accurate and timely manner. The incumbent uses the applicable system to review, verify, reconcile, and enter necessary information. Also applies payments for multiple plan (Dual Option) accounts, reviews aging reports, contacts account representatives concerning overdue payments, resolves inquiries related to broker commissions, performs financial adjustments as directed, generates all related correspondence, and supports various projects by preparing spreadsheets, testing, etc. The incumbent works independently to support an assigned customer base.
- Communicate effectively to obtain resolution for posting of premium payments received with minimal to no supporting documentation, answer inquiries received from internal and external customers, and support management on projects as needed.
- Provide support for the Receivables Management team, including: preparing the daily lockbox deposits from the bank for assignment, researching and posting premium payments received in the bank lockbox, processing all requested financial adjustments as related to premium, and handling premium payment and financial adjustment processing issues of varying complexity. May also perform quality control functions of financial adjustments and deposit summaries as needed.
- Plan and perform additional tasks as needed, including: monitoring bankruptcy accounts, researching and scanning checks received internally, reporting financial adjust statistics, preparing and submitting delinquent accounts for collection, maintaining existing procedures, and training/cross-training other employees as needed.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting
Licenses or Certifications
- 3 years in Bookkeeping
- 3 years in Accounting
- 3 years in Cash Allocation
- 3 years in Collections
- 3 years in Cash Posting
- Analysis of business problems/needs
- Analytical Skills
- Communication Skills
- Group Automated Delinquency Collections and Cancellation System
- Microsoft Excel
- MS Access
- MS SharePoint
Language: (Other than English)
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org