Job Description :
The job will help business leaders, customers and other key stakeholders to identify key customer journeys and pain points, mapping out the unique opportunities where we can differentiate as we change healthcare, developing the personas that will inform the way we deliver on the customer experience, and using best-in-class research and design methods to shape our work.
- Lead service design work to support Customer Experience efforts across the Highmark Health enterprise. This individual will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organization to facilitate ecosystem mapping of front stage (channel, product, touch-point, interface) and backstage (policy, technology, infrastructure, system) experiences and identify opportunity for short- and long-term change in support of CX vision. Design new experiences that will deliver on stated objective and work closely with channel and product owners to apply and implement these experiences.
- Create the tools that orient the organization around the customer. Build and manage the key personas, journey-maps, and service blueprints in support of the CX vision and roadmap. Deliver tools to enable business stakeholders to understand and adopt personas and journeys in their daily work and strategic planning, leveraging exceptional creative and storytelling. Facilitate development of project or program-specific personas and journeys and train key business partners in the methods of creating and using these assets.
- Lead customer research programs in support of delivering CX vision and roadmap, partnering with Market Research, external agencies, customers, and internal stakeholders to design and synthesize research. Using qualitative and quantitative methods and primary and secondary research, develop a point of view and recommendation for using that data to inform business strategies. Partner with CX Strategy to use research to inform future-state CX planning.
- Manage integrated Voice of the Customer (VOC) program. Identify current state VOC programs and partner with business to synthesize and consolidate efforts. In partnership with CX leadership team and CX Journey Owners, support communication and socialization of VOC program metrics.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Psychology, or related field or 6 years progressive experience in service design, ecosystem mapping in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree
- 7 years Service Design, Human-Centered Design, Innovation, or related design discipline to include 5 years Leading complex cross-functional design projects
- Master’s Degree in Design, Psychology, or related field
- 3 years Visual, UX, or Information Design
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Design-thinking and design workshop facilitation skills (contextual inquiry, journey mapping, prototyping, co-creation, workshop facilitation)
- Ability to interface with employees at any level, from individual contributor to senior leader
- Adobe design tools
- Familiarity with agile delivery methods
- Understanding of behavioral psychology or behavioral economics and human motivation
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Does Not Apply
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org