Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
The Care Connect Elite Representative is responsible for answering routine and complex calls received into the centralized call center for all service lines. The Elite Representative will use the appropriate procedures, tools and equipment to answer inquiries to provide First Call Resolution as often as possible. This level of representative will rely on prior professional experience and advanced job skills to resolve complex inquiries on a regular basis. This group will also handle special projects and campaigns as part of their job responsibilities.
- Promptly answers a multiple line telephone system and processes complex medical service requests in a confidential manner with strict adherence to policies and procedures.
- Routinely participates in special projects and campaigns as assigned by leadership.
- Ascertains the reason for a patient’s call. Follows established protocol and uses independent judgment to appropriately refer a patient to a physician or specialist as necessary.
- Maintains department productivity levels for customer satisfaction.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required by management.
- Associate’s degree and at least 7 years call center experience or 3 years physician scheduling experience
- Five years of previous call center experience or three years physician scheduling experience
- Internal call center employees with at least 3 months experience and the ability to exhibit proficiencies and competencies at the Elite level, as observed and documented by the management team, will be eligible for consideration.
- Previous customer service experience would count as half credit towards call center experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous customer service experience
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org