Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Reporting to the Vice President, Central Billing Office, responsible for ensuring that the health system maintains financial health through a complete and accurate charge listing and charging process maintaining compliance with all federal and regulatory requirements.
- Oversees health system charge description master, ensuring all chargeable activities are reflected appropriately in the Charge Description Master (CDM). (20%)
- Directs and oversees plan to move hospitals from legacy systems to EPIC with a consolidated Charge Description Master (CDM). (20%)
- Monitors, evaluates and updates CDM pricing associated with reimbursement changes and strategic initiatives. (20%)
- Oversees revenue integrity of clinical departments providing education, training and tools for departments to successfully capture clinical into charge capture. (20%)
- Supervises revenue integrity team providing direction and guidance that fosters a team environment through training, recognition/evaluation and in-service education which produces optimum work habits. Mentors and coaches to achieve highest level of competency of leadership and staff. (10%)
- Prepares, monitors, and maintains an annual expense budget. (10%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Health related field
- EPIC certification in CDM
- Five years healthcare coding/revenue integrity experience
- Three years leadership experience
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org