Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides 1st, 2nd and 3rd level client support to the user community of Saint Vincent Health System. Mentors, guides and acts as a to Associate and Support Specialist roles within I.T. Client Support Services.
- Travels to remote SVHS sites as necessary. These are located in Erie County and Westfield New York.
- Travels when required and meets customer scheduling expectations for arrival.
- Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives on user’s premises.
- Meets expectations of customer in terms of timing with rare exception. Leaves work area in a condition conducive to work and with the customer being completely satisfied.
- Loads specified software packages onto computers following SVHS guidelines.
- Follows SVHS Guidelines for software installs without exception. When exception is required, documentation is completed and change control procedures are followed.
- Configures hardware for network communications.
- Follows asset management procedures with all hardware and software adds/moves/changes. Responds to client inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems.
- Complete asset tracking documents 100% of the time.
- When available, instructs users in use of equipment, software, and manuals.
- Recommends or performs remedial actions to correct problems.
- Coordinates activities with help desk, network services, or other information systems groups, as needed.
- Manages communication between disciplines through use of email, tip sheets, scheduling meetings etc. to ensure alignment of services to meet customer needs.
- Provides updates, status, and completion information to manager, problem request tracking system, and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail, or in-person communication.
- Maintains currency of information in HEAT.
- Refers major hardware problems to service personnel for correction.
- Successfully leads projects of greater than 80 hours in scope.
- Provides senior technical support to personal computer support specialist in the resolution of work problems.
- Consults with SVHS personnel to define personal computer requirements for a project, analyzes the information, and makes recommendation on resources required to complete project.
- As assigned, assumes responsibility for minor network administration and infrastructure maintenance functions. Examples include, but not limited to; user account maintenance, mailbox creation, application administration, network connection adds/moves/deletions.
- Assumes responsibility for at least one major function within the PC Support group. Examples include, but not limited to, workgroup project management, purchasing, information organization/management, technical lead.
- Expands and maintains professional skills and knowledge in area of responsibility.
- Attends or teaches at least one continuing education or application oriented training course per year which is endorsed by IT Leadership.
- Provides 1st, 2nd and 3rd level client support to the user community of Saint Vincent Health System. Mentors, guides and acts as a leader to Associate and Support Specialist roles within I.T. Client Support Services.
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate to expert experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting personal computer hardware and software.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org