Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Releases patient information from medical records. Performs all functions in accordance with hospital policies and procedures, Medical Staff Rules and Regulations, Joint commission, HIPAA, State and Federal regulations.
- Process written and telephone requests for release of medical records or medical information to internal and external requestors. Ensures that each release is in compliance with policies, procedures and all regulations.
- Process telephone requests for reports form the transcription and pathology systems. Release reports via auto fax, fax or photocopy.
- Process “walk-in” requests for copies of medical records form patients, attorneys, police, other third parties.
- Respond to subpoena duces tecum and court orders to testify at court proceedings on behalf of the Director of Health Information Management and the hospital.
- Enter all correspondence requests into the correspondence management system. Process pre-billing and invoices as needed. Maintain current chart management of all correspondence.
- Process release of information and prepare records for patient billing and financial requests.
- Knowledge normally acquired through graduation from high school plus additional specific knowledge or skills acquired through programs or schooling 12-24 months such as a medical secretarial program.
- Medical terminology course work required.
- Must pass a medical terminology test with a minimum score of 85% within a prescribed time frame.
- At least 2 year’s prior job related experience in a health care setting preferred. Release of information experience preferred.
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) is desirable
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org