Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Processes, coordinates, and oversees pro-fee billing activities for the practice(s).
- Posts co-payments, patient payments, and insurance company payments (paper and electronic), and denials. Performs reconciliation of payments. Prepares and deposits payments received. (20%)
- Uses CPT, ICD-9, and payer specific codes and modifiers to prepare and enter charges for entry (includes office, hospital, and outpatient charges). (20%)
- Assists customers with patient billing inquiries and takes appropriate actions. Addresses and resolves patient complaints. Identifies unpaid balances (insurance and patient) through A/R reports and takes appropriate actions. (20%)
- Obtains and enters patient demographic, insurance, and referral/precertification information in the billing system. (10%)
- Verifies insurance information via hospital and insurance carrier systems. Ensures that electronic and paper claims are sent to insurance carriers in a timely manner. (10%)
- Oversees and provides technical feedback regarding work performed by billing associates. (10%)
- Maintains current knowledge of federal and state reimbursement policies/regulations and system policies pertaining to physician practice billing. Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements. (10%)
- Performs all other duties as assigned, including but not limited to supporting front end office processes.
- 3 years experience in physician practice billing required
- Graduate of a medical billing program preferred
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org