Job Description :
This job uses their expertise in design and computer applications to produce and review final design layouts. In finalizing the layouts, the incumbent may suggest improvements and modify formats to increase the quality of production and ensure that industry standards are met. Other technical duties may include scaling, cropping, retouching, repositioning and pre-flighting, or eliminating defective and excessive imaging. May also be responsible for archiving and updating graphic files. May create design layouts from a pre-established campaign or identity system, or they may take a comp (incomplete electronic file, images or even a hand-drawn sketch of a designer’s intention) and create a mechanical (complete digital file or combination of files that are press-ready). Handles quick turn, minor edits to pre-existing layouts.
- Produce design layouts based upon designer’s/team lead’s comps or a pre-established campaign or graphic standard system. Make quick turn minor edits to pre-existing layouts.
- Perform pre-press responsibilities to include scaling, cropping, retouching, repositioning, pre-flighting, optimizing and packaging final files and preparing for print, distribution and archival. Improve & modify files and formats to increase quality of production and ensure standards are met. Write print specifications for print projects.
- Ensure accuracy of files, perform several QA steps to check proper font, color, logo and tagline usage, as well as general adherence to brand standards. Check typographic elements for optimal aesthetic value – employing appropriate kerning, tracking and word spacing; adjusting ragged copy, excess hyphenation, bad spacing, widows & orphans; proper set up of hanging indents, columns, paragraph spacing, soft returns and use of styles and master page elements.
- Manage workload effectively, assuming responsibility for a high volume of production work and revisions actively (sometimes upwards of 100+ individual deliverables).
- Communicate with clients, designers and creative management on a regular basis to apprise them of project statuses, make recommendations and otherwise present work/findings.
- Archive assets properly. Manage shared digital assets.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree in Graphic Design or Visual Communication
- 3 years of related and progressive experience in lieu of Associate’s Degree
- 3 – 5 years working at an agency, design firm or corporate graphic department as a Production Artist or Graphic Designer executing and presenting design layouts for a variety of media including print, interactive, exhibits & displays, signage, executive presentations and communications
- 1 – 3 years in best practice file set up for optimum output for print, web or otherwise
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Technical position – high degree of technical knowledge required
- Must be able to work on MAC computer platform
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat), and Microsoft Suite
- Knowledge of principles of design, including: layout, typography, color, balance, composition and current design trends
- Working with various graphic formats for print and web, knowledge of optimal format to use based on the particular application
- Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency
- Familiarity with production requirements and working with outside vendors, i.e. printers, exhibit vendors, other agencies
- Consistently apply and enforce style/brand guidelines
- Aptitude to work constructively under stress in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment, juggling a high volume of projects with varying degrees of complexity
- Ability to learn from and handle critiques
- Must be able to take direction, as well as conceptualize, design, and organize projects on their own when needed
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational/communication skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Must be a team player
- Creative, technical, and production management skills must be demonstrated in a portfolio of sample work
Language (Other than English)
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org