Hm Life Insurance Company
Job Description :
I. GENERAL OVERVIEW:
Acting in the role of Excess Risk Claim Unit Assistant, this position is responsible for Evaluating specific Stop Loss notice and/or claim information for potentially catastrophic and/or existing catastrophic claims, identifying potential enhancements to applications and/or processes to improve efficiency, communicating effectively with clinical staff, claim staff and department management and promoting a culture of performance excellence departmentally.
II. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Evaluating Specific Stop Loss notice and/or claim information for potentially catastrophic and/or existing catastrophic claims.
• Evaluate each notice and/or claim and execute the appropriate business rules for triaging notice of potential claim data to clinicians and/or actual claim data to the claim analysts.
• Create the appropriate system entries (notice or claim payment request) based on the information evaluated.
2. Identifying potential enhancements to applications and/or processes to improve efficiency
• Make recommendations to management, as appropriate, for application changes to improve efficiency.
• Communicate with management regarding process improvement opportunities to improve efficiency.
3. Communicating effectively with clinical staff, claim staff and department management.
• Identify and articulate problems/issues to various staff members, including all levels of department management.
• Participate in functional walk-throughs as requested and provide feedback.
4. Promoting a culture of performance excellence departmentally
• Enhancing job skills through training and participation in workshops
• Participating in process and operational improvement opportunities
• Building and maintaining effective relationships throughout the department to build performance excellence.
5. Other duties as assigned or requested.
• High School Diploma/GED
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in claim administration activities
• Working knowledge of ICD, HCPC, CPT4 coding and medical terminology
• Prior experience with specific stop loss claims and/or notices of potential claims
• Strong medical policy background
• Prior experience with researching medical claim data
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is Travel Required?
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org