Job Description :
This job serves as the leadership contact for Market Facing Analytic (MFA) capabilities with both internal and external constituents. Internal constituents would include management and staff of specific business partner areas as well as other areas within EI. External constituents would include providers, physicians, clients, consulting firms, brokers, producers, etc. The incumbent provides leadership for market facing analytic efforts, including complex analyses to solve unique business problems or questions identified by the Organization’s executive management, client management, and other business partners. Direct the work of MFA staff and their activity. Responsible for the oversight and direction-setting for staff working on MFA work, whether internal MFA staff or matrixed support staff from other EI areas. Responsible to ensure requirements are well-defined and documented and project issues including resource conflicts are resolved. Will require incumbent to obtain detailed knowledge of business partner and market objectives and strategy as well as MFA and/or EI capabilities, including staff experience, skills and other competencies. Ensure that the Organization remains current with emerging industry best practices and techniques with respect to MFA capabilities, such as financial/statistical modeling, predictive modeling, benchmarking, self-service analytics, episodic grouping, etc. Ensure that MFA staff are appropriately trained in use of these capabilities and that their use is appropriately utilized to enhance business value. Accountable for assuring that all MFA projects or initiatives are delivered on time, within the specified budget and in accordance with the agreed upon scope. This includes both internally driven work as well as all work in support of strategic and tactical initiatives, corporate releases, or BAU maintenance. Ensure that MFA staff are developed appropriately in their use of important data sources, analytic tools and software as well as business knowledge, consultative skills, and project management.
- Responsible for management of all MFA departmental activity, including staff as well as related project teams consisting of matrixed support staff and team members from other areas, both within and outside EI.
- Responsible for MFA staff understanding the Organization from the enterprise perspective and ensuring that MFA activities align with the specific market needs, including ensuring that MFA staff possesses a thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the core market functions that it supports, the business processes of those areas, their data needs and relevant data flows and infrastructure. This includes an advanced knowledge of corporate systems and data sources as well as their content.
- Responsible for MFA staff understanding healthcare related analytic capabilities, including terminology, techniques, best practices, emerging trend, etc. as they relate to the accountabilities noted above. This function is required to remain abreast of industry knowledge and its potential practical application at Highmark.
- Responsible to function as the point person for all MFA departmental capabilities within Highmark with business partners and to develop and maintain relationships with those business partners. Assist the director of MFA in establishing the vision and strategy for Highmark’s market facing analytics function and determine how this function can best support the overall Highmark market strategic direction. Develop the scope, planning, execution and delivery of all MFA related efforts whether strategic phases or routine periodic work.
- Responsible to provide MFA capability support to the other areas of EI as well as to other areas both within and outside of Highmark dependent upon the underlying activity. This includes collaborating with business areas across the enterprise, and ensuring consistent definitions and analytic methods as well as their application.
- Responsible to ensure the MFA function contributes to and uses knowledge management assets from the EI portfolio or reusable intellectual capital, including documented data services, analytic tools and techniques, and reporting tools, packages and report capability.
- Responsible to ensure the professional development of staff with respect to business knowledge, data sources, technology, project management, consultation and presentation.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of experience in healthcare informatics, analytics, business intelligence or statistics with responsibility for consultation and application of analytic capabilities in the solution of business problems, Project Management, and leadership of professional analytic staff in a business, clinical or technology function.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Business Administration/Management or related Healthcare Informatics field
- Master’s in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Operations, or Engineering
- Five years’ experience solving business, financial and/or clinical problems. This includes using technologies and analytical methodologies, preparation of related recommendations and presentations of findings to various levels of management and external parties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong management, leadership, organizational, and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of application development lifecycle, analytical methodologies, business intelligence tools and infrastructure and overall systems support
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously covering a wide spectrum of issues
- Demonstrated PC skills, including the Microsoft Office suite. In particular, must be proficient in database design and management applications as well as possess expertise in the deployment and use of query tools, such as the SAS, SQL and Cognos
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills to include documented experience performing project activity of a complex nature.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
Is Travel Required?
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org