Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Schedules surgeries, tests, procedures, and office visits; obtains authorizations from insurance carriers.
- Schedules and coordinates operating room, primary care and specialty office visits, tests, procedures and/or surgeries. (30%)
- Completes reservation forms for hospitals; completes and delivers physician orders for upcoming procedures; tracks medical clearances; obtains all billing information. (30%)
- Obtains authorizations for inpatient and outpatient procedures. (30%)
- Transcribes reports, notes and correspondence; answers phones and take appropriate actions; files patient information in the medical record and prepares charts; performs general office tasks. (10%)
- Performs all other duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma or GED; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience with ICD-10 and CPT codes.
- Computer experience and keyboard skills.
- Associate’s Degree.
- PC database and word processing skills.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org