Job Description :
This job plays a critical role in the payroll function, ensuring timekeeping records are complete, accurate and ready for the payroll processing cycle to begin. Additionally, this job will help other specialists to process the exempt, non-exempt, and union bi-weekly pay for the Highmark Health enterprise. This position conducts analysis, audits, and reconciliations to process and resolve simple payroll processing and employee payroll issues ensuring a smooth bi-weekly payroll processing for the exempt, non-exempt and union population. Also confirms that payroll reporting and payments are compliant with company policy, generally accepted accounting principles, and federal, state and IRS regulations.
- Validate timekeeping data from employees. Verify validity of charges, schedules, and calculations, review time sheets, reports, and work schedules: review and reconcile errors with employees, management and within system.
- Ensure payroll reporting, payments, and internal controls are compliant with company policy, generally accepted accounting principles, and federal, state and IRS regulations. This includes researching and interpreting federal and state regulatory requirements and resolving tax, withholding, garnishments and wage/hour issues for payroll processing.
- Ensure programmed calculations in automated system perform accurately on standard workday, PTO, holiday, STD, or other conditions affecting employees pay or accounting distribution.
- Research and resolve employee payroll questions and issues received via Service Request, and provide excellent customer service by responding quickly and in a courteous and satisfactory manner.
- Perform analyses and reviews of data and develop reports to process payroll in an efficient and controlled manner.
- May manually calculate wages and post wage data for temporary work, bonuses, PTO, terminations, and special payroll requirements.
- Other duties as assigned and requested.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Human Resources
- High School Diploma/GED and 3 years of payroll processing experience
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Experience in payroll processing
- Experience with timekeeping systems such as Workday or Kronos
- Experience with Salesforce
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to quickly learn and utilize new systems
- Organized and the ability to establish process improvements to become more efficient
- Team player with a proactive, positive attitude and a strong sense of self-motivation, accountability, and responsibility
- Ability to quickly understand concepts and think through possible solutions and implications
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities using strong organization and prioritization skills
- High degree of integrity while working with confidential information discreetly and appropriately
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT (other than English)
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Does Not Apply
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Does Not Apply
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Does Not Apply
Physical work site required
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Referral Level Payout 1
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org