Job Description :
The Mail Coordinator is responsible for tasks related to opening, sorting, and delivering incoming and internal mail on a timely basis with extreme accuracy utilizing pre-established guidelines and continuously analyzes processes for improvement. The incumbent may also drive a vehicle to deliver mail and supplies to various locations as needed.
1. Delivery and Pick Up of Materials
- Transport various materials with varying degrees of importance, ensuring deadlines are met when delivering time sensitive material
- Use corporate package/item tracking technology to deliver and research mail pieces or packages as needed.
- Safely maneuver carts throughout building without causing damage
- Perform internal pickup and delivery of mail through mail mobiles and mail carts
- Transport computer reports from the Print Shop/Output Services to appropriate departments and buildings
- Assist with the internal distribution of mass mailings to all employees
- Separate outgoing mail by business unit and identify appropriate mail for overnight Courier distribution.
- Coordinate and prepare outbound express shipments via FedEx. UPS, USPS, etc.
2. Quality Improvement
- Provide input for quality improvement of daily Mail Center processes to facilitate efficient use of time, technology and team members.
- Follow corporate and department guidelines for the proper handling of Protected Health Information (PHI), reporting possible violations and opportunities for improvement when appropriate
3. Communication Skills
- Maintain good business relationships with key personnel.
- Interface with customers in courteous and professional manner.
4. Assist with maintaining Mail-in Database and address reference tools and procedures for staff and customers.
- Maintain a mail-in database and “off-site” corporate location addresses as changes, additions or deletions are received.
- Gather information from corporate internal mail central customers and other mail sources
- Create the electronic mail guides for staff and customers.
- Update general and technical information for training purposes and document the findings for presentation.
5. Reports and Tracking System Administration
- Depending on level, may collect data and metrics and issue regular mail volume reports.
- Depending on level, serve as internal package tracking system administrator
- Depending on level, may manage Post Office Boxes and Business Reply Mail Permits
6. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
- High School Diploma/GED
- 0-1 years of experience
- Valid Driver’s License (depending on job assignment)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Client focused with strong business acumen.
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to think strategically and act proactively to create strong trust and confidence with business units.
- Strong innovative problem-solving capabilities.
- Familiarity with the location of various stops and mail bins and able to use the employee directory sources to determine proper route of items.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
Is Travel Required?
Ability to stand, bend and lift up to 50 pounds on a continuous basis.
Exposure to outside weather conditions
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org