Job Description :
This job is accountable for leading a team of learning advisory consultants, the Learning Advisory leader is responsible for liaising with multiple operating units across the Highmark Health enterprise, providing specialized learning consultation and content/learning needs assessment. The leader of the team that facilitates the development of Learning and Development annual operating plans, by representing the needs and interests of enterprise business units. The incumbent will be accountable for driving enterprise needs through the Learning and Development governance model and process.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Assess business challenges across the enterprise and identify potential learning component solutions.
- Provide management support of learning consultants and is the leadership interface with the business leads to understand the needs of the business for learning and development improvement.
- Accountable for prioritizing the requirements for learning and performance improvement across the enterprise and driving requirements through the governance model and functional process.
- Accountable for the development of the enterprise and business unit learning and development strategies, and innovative and practical resolutions and of how to address business unit requirements.
- Lead a team that serves as the intermediate review on behalf of the business and identify appropriate business subject matter experts for additional reviews.
- Partner with leadership and individual instructional design teams and developers by developing a learning and development outline which the designers and developers use to finalize learning and development deliverables.
- Accountable for learning vendor strategy, coordination & alignment of external vendor spend. Provides vendor management support as part of the Shared Services group.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration
- Extensive Experience Leading a Learning and Development Advisory Group
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration
- 3 years or Enterprise Strategic Planning OR
- 5 years of Stakeholder Management
- 5 years of Functional/Technical Expertise in Learning and Development
- 3 years of Learning and Development Leadership
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Strategic Mindset
- Drives Results
- Manages stakeholder groups – Stakeholder management
- Balances diplomacy and tact with assertiveness
- Communicates effectively (written & verbal)
- Stakeholder management
- Listening and processing skills
- Translate into recommendations and resolutions
- Manages Conflict
- Prioritizes effectively
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice