Gateway Health Plan
Job Description :
The job will oversee and manage community programs and events in Gateway Health Plan’s service footprint. The incumbent enables the company to fulfill its social mission in the role of catalyst and advocate for meeting the needs of under-served populations. The incumbent is responsible for identifying best practices, and develop, propose and coordinate the implementation of effective community health strategies that improve the health of all individuals, especially the uninsured, under-insured and under-served individuals and at-risk communities. Such strategies will address health promotion and disease prevention efforts, health disparities, and access to care. Responsible for the execution and evolution of the company’s social strategy in the achievement of business and marketing goals. Effectively manages projects, programs and staff, meeting key milestones and deliverables; demonstrates clear understanding and execution of project management skills; understands when leadership should be engaged; works directly with working team, manages scope, execution, risk and change management.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Oversee and mange community programs and events in Gateway Health Plan’s footprint. Responsible for the successful development, execution and implementation of community programs and employee volunteerism. Collaborate cross-functionally and provide strategic support to counterparts, diversified services and affiliates to fulfill community needs and goals.
- Lead and direct a team who act as catalysts for community change by developing, implementing and participating in programs to improve the health of all individuals. Plan, design, implement and evaluate community health programs and events to enhance Gateway’s value and visibility in the community.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and provide strategic support to counterparts, diversified services and affiliates to fulfill community needs and Gateway’s goals. Provide leadership for continuous programmatic growth and enhancement including the development of productive partnerships with the local, regional, state, and national health care community.
- Actively interface and maintain a working relationship with various internal stakeholders, such as Sales and Marketing, Provider Relations, Health Affairs, Government Affairs, Senior Markets, Human Resources, Creative Services, Legal, etc. Identify social opportunities based on changes in strategy, media, competitive and consumer behavior and recommend appropriate action in a fast and flexible manner. Establish and grow internal and external relationships at all levels of the organization to ensure long term program development and growth.
- Responsible for major projects, providing guidance and supervision to department staff and implementing policies and procedures to meet the organization’s long term and short term objectives.
- The incumbent must execute the following:program and event planning development, and implementation; program and event monitoring and evaluation; policy and procedure development; budget planning and monitoring; contract or grant negotiation and administration; staff training and development.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management
- 6 years progressive experience in Community Programs / Development in lieu of bachelor degree
- 10 years Health Care Environment with experience in Philanthropy and nonprofit sector
- 5 years Management/Leadership
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Relationship building skills
- Community Relationship building
- Problem identification and resolution
- Strategic thinking
- Conflict Management skills
Languages (Other than English)
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Does Not Apply
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org