Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Acts as a liaison between ambulatory clinical areas and the IT services. Implements key clinical project initiatives as they relate to the enterprise eHealth strategies. Serves as a group lead for clinical process redesign, metric design and consultative services for the ongoing support of the electronic health record. Assists with identifying, evaluating, planning and revising any existing clinical system in an effort to standardize workflows. Works with staff and physicians to optimize the usage of the system through education and training. Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates programs designed to teach electronic health record systems to others; works cooperatively with the information management system to coordinate training needs; serves as a liaison among end users of the system.
- Conducts current and future state analyses with clinical and non-clinical stakeholders as deemed necessary. Facilitates and collaborates with all process teams (10%)
- Plans, coordinates, and monitors development, implementation, evaluation and maintenance of assigned projects associated with the enterprise wide initiative (20%)
- Participates in the development, monitoring, and management of various clinical system work teams aimed at standardizing work processes (15%)
- Collaborates with the technical team in the system design. Performs appropriate testing of the design to ensure that it meets specifications and the clinical needs. Troubleshoots and tracks issues pertaining to the clinical system. Assists in creating downtime policies and procedures relating to the use of the clinical system (15%)
- Responsible to educate and instruct clinical and non-clinical users on the features, operations and usage of the system(s). Assists in conducting process audits to ensure that project initiatives and best practices are being met and maintained (15%)
- Collaborates to plan, coordinate, provide, and evaluate entry level, advanced, and continuing education on the clinical computer system to staff, physicians, and interdisciplinary team members. Also, collaborates with the technical team in the system design. Performs appropriate testing of the design to ensure that it meets specifications and the clinical needs Develops training materials for the clinical computer system. Also, maintains testing scripts for all systems (10%)
- Travels to physician offices, ambulatory and hospital clinical centers to conduct analysis, meet with staff and support the implementation (10%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required (5%)
- Associate’s Degree in Information Technology, Management/Healthcare or related field
- Prior job-related work experience of 1-3 years
- PC skills, spreadsheet skills (Excel, Lotus), and database skills (Microsoft SQL, Dbase IV, Microsoft Access)
- BA/BS in Information Technology, Management/Healthcare or related field
- Experience using an EHR system
Referral Payout Level: 2
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org