Hm Home And Community Svcs Llc
Job Description :
This job works directly and/or virtually with providers in a variety of health care settings to appropriately identify members with chronic conditions and/or gaps in care that can be positively impacted in relation to quality and care costs. The incumbent could work virtually, work in a physician’s office, visit physician practices on a routine basis, work within a hospital setting and/or visit the member’s home. This job directly helps members with the highest risk scores to coordinate care and navigate the healthcare system by recommending and/or implementing interventions related to the improvement of medical care and costs.
- Conduct member-facing clinical assessments that address the health and wellness needs of the members with the highest risk scores using a broad set of clinical and motivational interviewing skills with the goal of impacting members’ self-management skills and positive behavior changes which will ultimately positively impact member satisfaction and care costs.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to both internal and external sources (e.g. members, providers, regulatory agencies, UM and policy) to provide education, consultation, and training.
- Serve as a resource to guide, mentor, and counsel others in regard to understanding the drivers of health care costs to improve member outcomes related to Plan benefits and resources.
- Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate with the member’s treating provider(s) in more complex clinical situations requiring clinical and psychosocial intervention.
- Develop and implement case-or condition-specific plans of care and/or intervention plans, as needed, that can become a part of the member’s medical record to establish short and long-term goals.
- Establish a plan for regular contact (face-to-face when possible) with each member and/or provider to monitor progress toward goals, provide additional education and evaluate the need for modification or change in the plan of care.
- Proactively incorporate lifestyle improvement opportunities and preventive care into member interactions and coaching
- Collaborate with the appropriate individuals to offer solutions to refine and improve existing practices or participates in developing performance improvement processes that will enhance member outcomes and operational performance/excellence as well support all strategic initiatives including Health Care Reform and STARS initiatives.
- Work with providers related to performance measures and activities to educate and influence the behavior of members and providers.
- Ensure that all activities are documented and conducted in compliance with applicable business process requirements, regulatory requirements and accreditation standards that support all lines of business.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- 5 – 7 years of Case Management Experience, Clinical Practice Experience, or Disease/Condition Management Experience
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- ACM Certification (Accredited Case Manager)
- Certified Chronic Care Manager (CCM)
- Microsoft Excel
- Communication Skills
- Self Starter
- Health Education
- Healthcare Industry
- Friendly Personality
- Data Analysis
- Statistical Analysis
Language (other than English)
0% – 25%
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org