Job Description :
The Customer Billing Analyst is responsible for assisting management staff in all areas of claims invoicing and accounts receivable activities for claims billed customers. Duties may include: Perform reviews by auditing all changes in the System that will impact the billing and/or accounts receivable activity for the claims billed customer base; review and analysis of weekly management/trending reports; run basic (SQL) queries based on departmental needs; reconcile and analyze payments activity for self-billed administrative clients; and follow all HIPAA and HITECH guidelines pertaining to Protected Health Information (PHI) information.
1. Perform Claims Billing and Financial Reporting functions:
- Timely and accurate report creation and review on a weekly, biweekly, or monthly basis
- Reporting functions, maintenance and data integrity associated to the invoicing cycle.
- Termination of accounts as notification is received from appropriate departments.
- A/R functions and maintenance associated to the claims billed customer based.
- Creates and maintains electronic user profiles for both internal and external customers.
2. Responsible for daily interaction with Sales personnel.
- Respond to and resolve inquiries from internal and external customers, brokers, agents or consultants.
- Provide internal and external auditors with required documentation and ensures information provided is reviewed for completeness.
3. Ensures all reconciliations are prepared, finalized and executed in a timely manner prior to the initiation of the weekly billing cycle.
4. May be required to be on special projects or activities identified by management.
5. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
- High School Diploma/GED
- 3-5 years of relevant, progressive experience in the area of specialization. Grandfathered experience requirements effective August 2016.
- Experience with PC software – MS Word, Excel, Access
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in billing, accounts receivable and/or general accounting procedures and applications
- Working knowledge of the Claims Billing System (CBS), Integrated Customer information System (ICIS), PeopleSoft Accounts Receivable Application (PSAR), and the workflow associated with quality assurance procedures.
- Understanding of brand compliance and HIPAA related guidelines
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Client focused with strong business acumen.
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to think strategically and act proactively to create strong trust and confidence with business units.
- Strong innovative problem-solving capabilities.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
Is Travel Required?
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org