Job Description :
JOB SUMMARY (Summarizes the major purpose and primary responsibilities)
This job will coordinate, execute and disseminate secondary research projects in order to provide insights and information regarding markets and consumers. This job will research will be conducted and managed in a way that supports business decisions, measuring performance, and provides strategic guidance to the organization at a department and overall level. Possesses and applies a broad and in-depth knowledge of the concepts, principles, practices and processes within the market research discipline. Possesses significant expertise to complete complex assignments and ability to visualize, articulate, and solve complex problems. Makes decisions that refine and improve known practices or develops new approaches. Assignments are broad in scope and require depth of knowledge as well as ingenuity and originality. Solves complex problems often taking a new perspective using existing solutions.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (Describes the critical tasks, duties and responsibilities of the position.)
- Manage and coordinate the entire research process of each assigned project to assure that the research methodology, instruments and vendors are the best fit for achieving results.
- Evaluate, negotiate with, contract, coordinate and manage vendors and temporary services on continuous project-by-project basis.
- Collects and analyzes secondary research and data on consumers and various markets to identify trends and potentials, penetration strategies, user biases and preferences and similar parameters. Identify and monitor key industry trends and activities, as well as provide proactive research on market activity.
- Gathers, classifies and analyzes market intelligence from a variety of field sources. Collects and analyzes data to identify trends, market potential, penetration/segmentation strategies, consumer preferences, etc. Organizes the information into usable, actionable reports for distribution to the field and to management for use in strategic and operational decision-making. Determines priorities, schedules and coordinates resources within assigned projects. Analyze research results and develop insightful research reports based on the analysis.
- Act as subject matter expert with respect to key research findings. Report on methodologies used and provide insight on findings. May also act as lead project manager for high-profile projects, and utilize other department members to obtain/compile facets of the project. Manage ongoing, complex, long-term projects. Identify need for implementing new processes/ongoing projects. Establish and maintain a knowledge management process for the collection, synthesis, and dissemination of pertinent market, strategic, and consumer information.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor’s Degree- Marketing, Business, or related field
Substitutions (Acceptable substitutions in lieu of a degree 1 ½ years’ experience = 1 year college)
6 years’ of related experience
Minimum: This section refers to the minimum years and type of applicable experience needed to perform the job. Minimum requirements must be non-comparative, objective, and relevant.
- 5 or more years of relevant, progressive experience in secondary market research
- 5 years’ of prior experience with developing and presenting analysis of secondary research data is essential
- 5 years’ of experience independently leading small to medium-scale projects
Preferred: This section refers to additional desired years and type of experience that the hiring manager would prefer, above and beyond the basic requirements of the job.
- Prior experience in Healthcare / Health Insurance or related field
- Proven expertise gathering and reporting on secondary market research
- Prior experience leading and mentoring others
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (List the attributes required to perform the job through demonstrated service, education or training)
- Training in specific marketing research methodologies such as report writing and data gathering is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as technical ability to learn various other data and online applications
- Foundation of knowledge and experience; building higher-level knowledge and skills Makes independent contributions to projects
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to coach, mentor, and develop less-experienced colleagues
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
(The physical, mental demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of their job. Reasonable accommodations will be made when necessary to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position, to the extent that they do not cause undue hardship.
An employee in this position works in an office environment. The position frequently requires the employee to communicate effectively with others both inside and outside the workplace (e.g., in person, via telephone, via email). The employee must be able to understand, interpret and analyze data, solve problems, concentrate, and research, use available technological resources and systems (e.g., computers and computer programs), multi-task, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines to complete essential tasks. The employee generally works in a fast-paced and frequently stressful environment, must attend work on a regular and reliable basis as well as adhere to all workplace policies, and may be called upon to work outside regular business hours.
Teaches/Trains others regularly Occasionally
Travels regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site Rarely
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (Sales employees)
Does Not Apply
Physical Work Site Required No
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org