Job Description :
This job writes copy and collaborates with designers, account managers, copywriters and others to develop project plans and produce printed, electronic and digital communications that promote and support the sale of products, persuade various audiences to take desired steps or inform various audiences about new services and changes that affect them. Reviews complex technical information and enterprise goals to translate that information into promotional and informational materials that will be understood and effective for specific internal and external audiences, including Sales, Member Service, employers, producers, providers and consumers. Solves problems, taking a broad perspective and developing innovative solutions with minimal management support. Provides subject-matter direction and guidance to other copywriters. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Contribute to and manages small to medium projects.
- Provide subject-matter direction and expertise to complete projects and assignments.
- Write content for printed, electronic and digital communications, including flyers, websites, emails, text messages, FAQs/talking points, newsletters, RFP/RFI responses, presentations, and social media content, that are appropriate for the intended audience, understandable, persuasive and effectively achieve marketing goals.
- Ensure communications are accurate, on message and brand, appropriate and completed/distributed on time and on budget to all markets. Ensures proofreading and readability/health literacy.
- Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor’s Degree – Journalism, Communications, English or Marketing with concentration in advertising or public relations or business communications or a related communications field
- 5 years of relevant, progressive experience in the area of specialization
- Marketing and copywriting experience in the healthcare industry
- Agency experience
- Assignments are broad in scope and require depth of knowledge as well as ingenuity and originality. Solves complex problems often by taking a new perspective using existing solutions
- Provides consulting to subject matter experts about writing capabilities prior to engagement
- High standard of professional conduct
- Attention to detail and command of language
- Developed understanding of online and offline production processes
- Good understanding of health insurance terminology and health literacy
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
(The physical, mental demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of their job. Reasonable accommodations will be made when necessary to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position, to the extent that they do not cause undue hardship).
An employee in this position works in an office environment. The position frequently requires the employee to communicate effectively with others both inside and outside the workplace (e.g., in person, via telephone, via email). The employee must be able to understand, interpret and analyze data, solve problems, concentrate, and research, use available technological resources and systems (e.g., computers and computer programs), multi-task, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines to complete essential tasks. The employee generally works in a fast-paced and frequently stressful environment, must attend work on a regular and reliable basis as well as adhere to all workplace policies, and may be called upon to work outside regular business hours.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org