Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides emergency and critical care in the prehospital and hospital environment.
- Collaborates within a multidisciplinary team to establish appropriate plan of care to safely transport acutely ill or injured patients.
- Provides advanced critical care life support and medical care according to established standards and protocols for the age population served according to regulatory requirements.
- Monitors and promotes safety of self and others while working in and around the aircraft/emergency vehicles.
- Serves as an AHN ambassador by demonstrating positive professional appearance, language, and conduct at all times in support of AHN and all of its customers.
- Participates in quality assurance activities such as chart audits and case reviews.
- Completes required documentation according to regulatory standards.
- Maintains expected state of transport readiness by maintaining and restocking equipment and supplies.
- Ability to pass pre-employment physical exam and meet height and weight requirements.
- Certificate from accredited Paramedic program
- Current licensure in good standing PA Department of Health paramedic certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) OR International Trauma Life Support (ITLS)
- Flight Paramedic Certification within 1 year
- 5 years full-time paramedic experience at a high demand emergency service
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice