Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Supports and enhances the activities of the practice by providing administrative and clinical support and coordinating daily operations.
- Coordinates and oversees clerical and clinical functions. (20%)
- Coordinates and/or performs clinical support duties not limited to preparing exam rooms, rooming patients to obtain health and physical information, and assisting healthcare providers in the delivery of patient care during exams, procedures, testing and administering injections. (20%)
- Schedules patients for procedures, diagnostic testing, and/or office visits. Provides patients with instructions and serves as liaison between the physician and patients. Maintains physician(s) calendars. (20%)
- Screens and directs telephone calls as appropriate. Takes appropriate actions and responds to internal and external customer inquiries. (20%)
- Supports front office including registration, chart preparation, insurance verifications, precertification, and billing functions. (15%)
- Orders and tracks inventory of operational and clinical items. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- May travel to satellite office locations to support physician(s) as required.
- Medical Assistant certification
- 2 years of clerical support, insurance verification and registration experience in a medical office setting or equivalent education
- Associate’s Degree
- Medical Assistant program graduate
- Driver’s license
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org