Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Serves as a coordinator for patients and medical facilities into the post-acute care network as part of the AHN Healthcare at Home program. Assists with the coordination of medical care services that support the individual’s continued recovery from illness or disability by placing the referrals and routing them to the appropriate post-acute care services and facilities. Following a hospitalization for injury or illness, many patients require continued medical care, either at home or in a specialized facility- the representative facilitates care coordination amongst hospitals, outpatient physician offices, and ancillary departments.
- Places referrals by data entry using an Allscripts based program in a timely manner.
- Enters patient information accurately into the system.
- Monitors assigned hospital work queues to ensure facilities are accepting the referrals within 30 minutes of placement.
- Verifies and enters into a computer database patients’ demographic information.
- Displays the ability to transcribe physician orders in order to properly enter and submit to the post-acute care facility.
- Works cooperatively with all parties in the coordination of patient care.
- Places and routes the referral for Home Medical Equipment, Home Health, Home Infusion, Palliative Care, Hospice, and placement into Skilled Nursing Facility, or Rehabilitation Center.
- Acts as a patient liaison for all aspects of transition of care from the post-acute care network by following up with patients via telephone to ensure patient satisfaction.
- Applies a quality control method by ensuring efficient and correct communication between care providers as well as delivery of product/service for patient satisfaction by identifying problems or opportunities for service and taking appropriate action to address their concerns.
- Escalates patient concerns or issues to immediate Supervisor.
- Answers consumer inquiries via telephone in regards to the Healthcare at Home program and its services.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Two years’ experience in a healthcare call center or customer service environment
- Clinical or medical background
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org