Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides quality care to patients and families to promote health and prevent disease under the direction of a registered nurse or physician.
- Performs general nursing care in accordance with nursing practice standards. (30%)
- Assists with the preparation of equipment and assists the physician/clinical provider during treatment, examination and testing of patients. (20%)
- Collects assessment data, prepares patient for examination and documents clinical information on patient record. (20%)
- Orders diagnostic tests as directed by registered nurse or physician/clinical provider and gathers diagnostic tests and/or examines results prior to physician/clinical provider assessment. (20%)
- Schedules procedures and obtains authorizations as necessary. (5%)
- May give injections or medication, collect blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens, and prepare them for testing. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current state licensure as an LPN or LVN.
- CPR certification.
- 0-1-year healthcare experience.
- State approved IV course certification.
- Knowledge of OASIS documentation and assessment process.
- PALS or ACLS may be required based on the specific area of practice.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice