Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides service support and preventive maintenance on specialized biomedical equipment and systems
(e.g., life support devices, anesthesia equipment, surgical robots, etc.) during normal working hours and on call rotation as required.
- Responds to unscheduled service requests from users by performing initial problem verification, troubleshooting, and problem correction. (35%)
- Completes scheduled maintenance in accordance with PM Inspection and Protocol management plan. Initiates and completes documentation after repair or PM is completed. (35%)
- Attends service schools, in house training or self-directed study as required on specialized equipment and systems. (5%)
- Performs and/or assists in installation of specialized systems. (10%)
- Assists other technical positions in Clinical Engineering/Medical Physics, and other departments in the hospital as required. (5%)
- Interfaces with users, management, and administration as a subject matter expert in specialized biomedical equipment and systems. (10%)
- Performs all other duties as assigned or required.
- Graduate from an electronic technical school.
- 3-5 years’ experience supporting general biomedical equipment.
- 4 years Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or hospital experience in higher end devices and systems.
- Associate’s Degree in biomedical or electronic engineering.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org