Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Compiles cancer related data, provides basic cancer statistics and graphs and supports the research, cancer prevention and control initiatives for research and facility planning according to the Pennsylvania Cancer Registry and the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer Standards.
- Collects data (case-finding) on new cancer cases as assigned. (10%)
- Abstracts new cases into database. (75%)
- Performs routine follow-up data and follow-up rates on all registry patients. (10%)
- Performs additional duties within the Cancer Registry area as assigned by management including, but not limited to, assisting with Cancer Committee preparation and follow-up, completion of regular meeting minutes, attendance and tumor board preparation and documentation, etc. (5%)
- May travel to physician practices and between multiple sites of service for cancer registry related activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Associates Degree in allied health-related field
- Tumor Registry Certification (CTR)
- Driver’s license
- Two years of cancer registry experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with ICD Coding and TNM Cancer Staging
- Specific knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, coding/data analytics, staging procedures and other tumor registry functions
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org