Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides emergency medical care to the sick and injured patients in the prehospital and hospital environment; effectively communicates with all persons and departments involved in the administration of emergency medical care. Performs basic and advanced EMS skills which include interventions and administration of medications and vaccines with basic and advanced equipment found on an EMS vehicle or within an AEMT’s scope of practice.
- Drives response vehicle. (20%)
- Determines nature and extent of illness or injury; provide advanced life support and transport to the critically ill and injured in the prehospital setting. Advanced life support to include airway/ventilation/oxygenation, cardiovascular circulation, immobilization, medication administration–routes, and IV initiation/maintenance fluids. (50%)
- Completes required documentation according to regulatory standards. (15%)
- Maintains equipment and inventory of supplies including BLS and ALS and has accountability for medications on every EMS unit per regulatory standards. (15%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma or GED; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 0-1 year experience in the field of prehospital care.
- Completion of a formal EMS training program.
- PA EMT and PA Advanced EMT certification; basic cardiac life support (BCLS), EVOC, Hazmat R/O, and valid PA Driver’s License.
- Must be familiar with computers working in a Windows networked environment.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org