Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Under supervision of and in collaboration with the Director of Therapy and Transport Services, oversee the day to day operations of all of the Inpatient Therapy and Transport Services (with clinical assistance of the Physical and Occupational Therapy Team Leaders and Supervisor of Transport), serve as a clinical mentor and resource for the Speech Therapy departments, fulfill all legal and ethical requirements of the profession and position, independently supervises and adjusts day to day staffing and operations of all JRMC inpatient therapy and transport services, implements programs, policies and procedures of the department and JRMC, assist in developing budgets and conforms to budgetary guidelines, promotes therapy services to the general public, internal and external customers and prioritized service excellence and customer satisfaction and provides patient care, documents and charges for that care.
- Independently plans, monitors, and implements programs, policies, and procedures; assures functional integration of the inpatient therapy services with other business units as appropriate and necessary. Establishes/nourishes/ maintains an appropriate department culture that utilizes quality improvement and customer service enhancement processes consistent with the corporate mission and values; fosters vertical and horizontal communications.
- Assists the Director of Therapy and Transport services in the budgetary process and monitors compliance of the established budget.
- Works with finance, billing and coding on any charging or insurance issues to assure maximum reimbursement of services
- Provide technical, educational, and training assistance to staff, contracted personnel, graduate student clinicians, and other departments as needed; provide in-service education to system staff and out-service education to community groups. Accountable for completion of staff performance appraisals for Speech Therapy), and for ensuring staff competencies (age and skill specific) on an annual basis. Participates in the corrective action process. Is responsible for orienting and training new employees. Assists Director of Therapy and Transport services and the Physical and Occupational Therapy Team Leaders and the Supervisor of transport services with hiring of new inpatient staff.
- Independently manage and daily departmental operations and staff (with clinical assistance of the Physical and Occupational Therapy Team Leaders and assist of Supervisor of Transport).
- Identify priorities and adjust staffing patterns accordingly.
- Serves as back-up to the manager of Outpatient Therapy Services.
- Provision of care/documentation: obtains informed consent; performs initial evaluation; establishes and records a plan of care; provides or delegates and supervises treatment consistent with plan of care; reevaluates and modifies plan of care as appropriate.
- Records evaluations and treatments rendered, progress and change in status relative to plan of care.
- Completes paper or computer-based assessment forms as required.
- Records, reviews and updates plan of care regularly as needed.
- Enters appropriate and accurate daily charges into Invision for documented procedures according to the 8-minute rule and departmental policy.
- Assist Director of Therapy and Transport Services in marketing and Physician relationships, promote and monitor service excellence and strive to achieve an outstanding patient experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical, Occupational or Speech Therapy required.
- Minimum five years of clinical experience working in therapy is required.
- Current PA Discipline specific Therapy license required.
- Must have a minimum of Heartsaver CPR – Course #1 which includes Adult CPR and Foreign, Body Airway instruction (FBOA). Further requirements are department and unit specific.
- Two years supervisory experience preferred. Experience in public speaking, preparing meetings, communicating with vendors and business affiliates, adjusting staff schedules and providing leadership to staff preferred.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org