Job Description :
This job performs professional accounting work involving compilation, consolidation, and analysis of accounting and finance information for the production of financial statements and reports. Applies accounting techniques and standard practices to the classification and recording of financial transactions. Specific duties vary by department and may include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following: preparation of journal entries, fixed asset or inventory accounting, preparation of trial balance or financial statements, cost accounting, bank account reconciliations, accurate tracking and recording various income and expense activity and suspense account items, proper tracking and recording of receivables, etc.
- Apply accounting techniques and standard practices to the classification and recording of financial transactions.
- Prepare financial and business-related analysis.
- Classify, examine, and analyze accounting records and prepares related financial reports and statements.
- May serve on or lead project teams for special projects.
- Provide subject-matter direction and guidance to lower-level analysts.
- May train employees, assign, monitor and review progress and accuracy of work.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- 7-10 years of related progress accounting experience including experience in leading projects of varying size and complexity
- Experience with PC-based spreadsheet and data processing applications
- Experience with PC-based spreadsheet and data processing applications, heavy concentration with Microsoft Excel (formatting, calculations, pivot tables)
- Experience with bookkeeping, collections and/or cash posting
- Responsible for multiple and/or complex projects.
- Provides direction to other analysts.
- Solves complex problems taking a broad perspective and developing innovative solutions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Client focused with strong business acumen.
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to think strategically and act proactively to create strong trust and confidence with business units.
- Strong innovative problem-solving capabilities.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
Is Travel Required?
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org