Hm Health Solutions Inc.
Job Description :
IT Manager – Enterprise Solutions
The IT Manager for Enterprise Solutions will lead a team of developers and support staff to provide for the IT needs of key areas within the Highmark enterprise – including Legal, Compliance, Facilities Management, Security and other related areas.
The team is comprised of developers and business analysts who provide support for the software systems in a variety of ways including major enhancements and infrastructure support. The IT Manager must have the ability to develop effective and positive customer relationships and interface well with C-suite and other senior leaders within the enterprise.
Provides application software development management for IT projects. Creates plans and manages activities, within an assigned unit/area. Assesses viability of current direction/projects/operations and recommends strategies and tactics to satisfy current and future business needs. Foresees organizational impacts and understands the procedures associated with introducing new technologies. Leads team in the areas of scheduling, direction, future planning and standard practices. Monitors and controls quality while actively seeking opportunities for improvement. Establishes and meets scheduled milestones for deliverables.
1. Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization by:
- Managing customer and expectations; facilitating, planning and meetings; translating customer expectations for staff and peers; representing Highmark with outside entities.
- Preparing written procedures, policies, reports and correspondence; collaborating and negotiating with departments corporate wide.
- Collaborating with company customers, staff, IT colleagues, and other stakeholders in identifying customer requirements, assessing impacts to other areas, considering available options, comparing costs and benefits, and recommending solutions.
2 Management Consulting
- Identify issues and recommend solutions.
- Create presentation and present concept to clients, tailoring presentation to audiences of varies levels, subject knowledge and size.
- Implement recommendations/solutions and ensure client receives the necessary assistance to carry out solutions.
- Liaising with clients to keep them informed of progress and to make relevant decisions.
- Advise clients on options, risks, cost vs benefit, impact on other business processes and system priorities.
3. Ensure continuous improvement of processes and delivery of results within assigned unit/area.
- Organize, direct and coordinate cross-functional activities including staff not under direct managerial control.
- Encourage innovation and focus resources to ensure successful delivery of desired results.
- Apply quantitative risk assessment to team’s assignments to understand potential threats and the probability they will occur.
- Lead team in mitigating risks and applying appropriate contingency plans to ensure minimal impacts to customers.
4. Provide leadership to the organization to respond to business opportunities/challenges, new technologies, legislation and other environmental factors.
- Oversee analysis of issues or needs and review recommended solutions.
- Assess the impact of strategic business and technical changes on the environment.
- Responsible for managing all activities within an assigned business unit/area.
- Foresee organizational impacts and understand the procedures associated with introducing new technologies, while seeking ways to collaborate with other teams outside area of responsibility to facilitate transitions.
5. Optimize the utilization of resources by applying appropriate concepts, technologies and workflows
- Ability to accept direction and provide leadership to develop/maintain a high-performance work team.
- Respond to feedback and champion process improvement initiatives by empowering their team to deliver quality services/products to internal and external customers.
- Implement solutions that are consistent with Highmark’s strategic direction.
- Keep abreast of current industry standards and trends.
6. Staff Management accountability to include but not limited to:
- Developing and providing input to skills assessment and oversee personal development plans as it relates to career development.
- Coaching, managing and developing employees by establishing clear goals, expectations, and strategies for employee performance.
- Develop and administer performance reviews with measurable goals.
- Provide opportunities for staff to maintain current industry knowledge.
- Provide opportunities for employees to build collaborative relationships with customers.
7. Departmental Management planning and administrative accountabilities to include, but not limited to:
- Departmental budgeting and fiscal responsibilities.
- Manage teams that span geographic areas or functional areas.
- Ensure compliance with corporate standards, policies and regulations (SOX, SSP, DIACAP, PHPLC, etc.).
- Establish and use metrics as a tool to benchmark and improve operational excellence
- Develop and implement short-term and long-term departmental plans.
- Consult and evaluate vendor solutions where appropriate.
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five (5) years of experience in a leadership / mentoring role.
- Five (5) years’ experience in planning, implementing, maintaining and growing capabilities within relevant discipline
- Three (3) years’ experience in developing, communicating and presenting concepts to varying audience.
- Management experience in:
- employee development plans
- performance evaluations
- goals development
- Experience in budget administration and process improvement.
- Knowledge and experience in developing strategic plans.
- Demonstrated competency in the execution of multiple projects, including managing resources across multiple projects to meet goals.
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Effective communications with C-suite and other corporate leaders.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of company’s business practices and direction as well as familiarity with the company’s products and resources.
- Knowledge of the assigned business unit/area’s direction and practices.
- This position is required to comply with all Highmark Corporate Policies and IT Procedures, Standards and Strategies.
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees? Yes
If yes, indicate the number of direct reports:
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is Travel Required?
Employee Referral Level: 2
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org