Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Responsible for: stock keeping, timely replenishment of par and inventory stock, accurate in taking, storing, picking, issuing or transferring and delivery and put away of stock. Delivers other materials including clean linen, equipment, and furniture. Will cross train and rotate into all distribution assignments as scheduled. Ability to lift, move and carry items, which weigh more than 50 pounds, is required. Ability to operate all powered equipment is required.
- Provides stock to departments in a timely manner through the accurate checking of par and inventory stock in departments and through the picking, delivery and put away of supplies. Fill and deliver miscellaneous and STAT requisitions as needed and deliver other materials including clean linen, equipment and furniture as required.
- Maintains knowledge of materials and their functional uses by reading appropriate materials i.e. packaging, product information meetings and in-services. Monitors requisitions for completion and inserts information as necessary.
- Utilizes knowledge of patient chargeables through accurate label handling, proper processing of patient account identification information and knowledge of operation of label equipment.
- Determines method of storage for medical surgical supplies, miscellaneous materials and intravenous solutions. Weighs, measures and inspects supplies for proper distribution i.e. unit of measure, location of storage. Maintains neatness and cleanliness of all areas stocked.
- Accountable for integrity of inventory via assisting with cycle counts and physical inventory accuracy. Monitors inventory to ensure adequate supply levels are maintained through the use of written outage reports and verbal requests which are resolved thru daily contact with inventory control, manager or purchasing buyers.
- Inspects, signs and processes documents and paperwork for incoming shipments, materials, equipment and furniture daily as needed by receiver.
- Six months of warehousing experience including inventory, distribution and proper storage techniques required.
- Knowledge and experience with receiving preferred.
- Ability to lift, move and carry items, which weigh more than 50 pounds, is required.
- Ability to operate all powered equipment is required.
- Must be certified internally to operate powered equipment to meet OSHA regulations.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org