Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides daily supervision and direction for staff members of the prehospital system while providing emergency medical care to the sick and injured in the prehospital environment; effectively communicates with all persons and departments involved in the administration of the prehospital system.
- Supervises staff, evaluates work, and recommends and implements approved disciplinary action. (30%)
- Preforms continuous quality improvement and ensures compliance with regulatory standards. (20%)
- Coordinates requests for emergency and non-emergency transports and assigns resources to meet the needs to the prehospital system and acts as incident EMS command staff for critical incident. (20%)
- Promotes cooperative problem solving, individual and group orientation, appropriate delegation, the building of team spirit through coaching and counseling, regular attendance at staff meetings, active participation in staff professional development. (10%)
- Ensures cost effective operations by scrutinizing resources utilization such as unit deployment, scheduling practices, payroll and inventory control. (10%)
- Drives prehospital response vehicle responding for emergency and non-emergency responses. (10%)
- High School/GED
- 3-5 years experience as a paramedic
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (CPR)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Valid PA Drivers License with Emergency Vehicle Operators Course (EVOC)
- 1-3 years EMS leadership role
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org