Job Description :
Responsible for the development, design and delivery of all employee communications and communications programs that support the Highmark brand, vision, mission and strategic direction. Supports departments throughout Highmark and its diversified businesses and affiliates by collaborating with various levels of management to position strategic Corporate messages. The incumbent will be responsible for consulting with all levels of management throughout Highmark’s core business and its diversified businesses to proactively identify and develop key messages and determine the appropriate media channels to deliver them.
1. Develop, plan, research, write, edit and deliver vital business and job-related information using electronic media and/or paper (HighWire intranet, micro-websites, animated console ads, launch page headlines/links, electronic memos) to inform employees about our company’s strategies, policies, initiatives, direction and products.
2. Develop, plan, research, write and edit articles for the employee monthly newsletter.
3. Ensure that messages support the company’s mission, vision and strategic direction, and that internal messages align with external messages.
4. Develop and implement communications related to special events for internal clients, including the Integrated Delivery Network.
5. Develop and implement internal communications plans with respect to special projects or large corporate campaigns.
6. Develop, write and edit bulletin board materials throughout all corporate locations.
7. Develop, write and supervise delivery of all digital screen materials throughout all corporate and employee clinic locations.
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
•Four-year college/university degree in marketing, communications, PR or related field required
•5-7 years’ previous experience in health care/ health insurance PR or communications field required
•Demonstrated superior oral and written communications abilities required
•Master’s degree in communications or PR field desired
•Membership in professional society, such as IABC (International Association of Business Communicators) or PRSA (Public Relations Society of America) preferred
•Publications management experience
•Electronic media and social media knowledge and competency
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Exceptional written and oral communications skills
• Strong influence management skills preferred
• Focus on building strong internal client relationships
• Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team
• Experience with media relations strategy and aligning internal and external messaging
• Superior attention to details
• Knowledge of grammar and AP (Associated Press) and corporate style writing
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership techniques
• Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
• Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
• Ability to solve problems independently and creatively.Strong influence management skills preferred
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org