Job Description :
This job is responsible for all Contract Administration activities related to managing and monitoring the vendor services agreement. Oversees all contracts and related performance. Specific duties may vary and may include, but are not limited to, proactively and aggressively monitoring the terms of the contracts, coordinating with internal and external legal representation, liabilities and warranties, operational processing, regulatory, compliance, privacy and other functions across Highmark, assisting in defining amendments and additional statements of work (SOWs), and overseeing the contract administration infrastructure including related tools, systems, processes, and policies.
- Proactively manage and aggressively monitor all in-scope contracts and agreements: Monitor contracts, terms, service levels, earn-backs, penalties, etc. through metrics, dashboards and frequent reporting; Manage legal / contractual relationships and related issues and risks.
- Coordinate and liaise with other Highmark functions and related external constituents: Coordinate with internal and external legal, finance, audit, IT, business, operations, regulatory, compliance, privacy, and other units as necessary for contract related tasks; Participate in governance forums and provide guidance on contractual / commercial issues; Proactively follow-up on open action items related to program level issues; Collaboratively work with other functions to ensure timely handling of all contractual issues, disputes, escalations, etc.; Coordinate with other functions to actively manage identified contract risks.
- Manage ongoing administration of in-scope contracts and agreements: Participate in key client contract definition, negotiation, and finalization activities; Assist in defining amendments and additional SOWs; Ensure business owners review all financial / commercial terms in contract change requests and ensure compliance with business strategy; Manage execution and implementation of amendments, additions, deletions to all contract documents; Manage contract review, approval and contract signature process; Ensure appropriate auditing, updating, and archiving of contracts and agreements.
- Manage contract administration infrastructure, including: Design and oversee execution of all contract administration related tools, systems, processes, etc.; Develop and maintain contract administration policies and procedures; Evaluate, assess and recommend ongoing improvements to the contract administration function (including all related tools, systems, processes, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Master’s Degree in Business Management, Economics, Law or related field
- 5 years of Contract Administration
- 3 years with Negotiation
- 3 years of Supplier Management experience leading local / regional supplier management teams
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Significant experience in contract and commercial management – i.e., development, execution and management of strategic client contracts, business cases, scenario planning / modeling and financial / commercial risk analysis
- Ability to manage through ambiguity and a matrixed environment
- Good Commercial and legal understanding of sourcing contracts
- Excellent relationship building and relationship management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (both oral and written
- Ability to manage and monitor outstanding tasks
- Excellent drafting skills for structuring ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Strong project management and effective time management skills
Language (Other than English):
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org