Pdl Distribution Services Llc
Job Description :
This role is responsible for the planning and purchasing of medical supplies and devices for a hospital network distribution center. A strong understanding of forecasting and inventory management principles is required to plan inventory needs and create required Purchase Orders. The Buyer/Planner role is required to maintain 98%+ Customer fill rate and meet established inventory goals based on item classification. Strong interpersonal skills are required as the role has daily interaction is required with Suppliers, requesters, the warehouse team and support functions.
- Review daily purchasing requirements based on replenishment models. (20%)
- Create and manage Purchase Orders. (40%)
- Review shortages and communicate contingencies to customers. (10%)
- Item maintenance: Additions, conversions, obsolescence management. (10%)
- Resolve receiving discrepancies. (10%)
- Resolve invoice discrepancies. (10%)
- Bachelor’s degree, Business or Engineering
- 3-5 years experience purchasing or supply chain role
- Certificate of Purchasing and Inventory Management (CPIM) from American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS)
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) from American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS)
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org