Hm Health Solutions Inc.
Job Description :
Summer Internship May – August 2020 in HM Health Solutions. This position is based in either Pittsburgh, PA or Camp Hill, PA. Please apply to location of choice ONLY.
The start date for this position would be May 2020. Interviews of qualified applicants will begin in November 2019 through March 2020. Offers will be extended within this given time frame.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- • Prepare and analyze data related to the workforce in order to support staffing decisions. Understand the Company’s strategic and operating plans, cost targets, and workforce utilization requirements. Apply workforce planning methodologies and associated tools/reports; makes recommendations for workforce-related decisions.
- • Collaborate with team that recommends, develops, and implements metrics and other measurements for workforce productivity, ROI, HR program effectiveness, etc. to improve business results. Participate in regular forums and interactions to educate and hold business leaders and support partners accountable for timely workforce-related decisions and actions.
- • Participate in data gathering, needs assessments, staff modeling, cost-of-workforce assessments, and survey processes to provide business intelligence that produces actionable insights. Directly support senior workforce planning, workforce management, and supports business leaders. Establish close partnerships and works within service level agreements with not just business leaders but also internal partners critical to staffing: including Finance, HR, Learning and Development, and Onboarding.
- • Support design and implementation of new management tools which optimize workforce planning and management (for example: workforce analytics and planning systems; Tableau dashboards, Skills Inventory systems, and similar reports and tools). Works with team to make recommendations regarding technology and other tools to improvement workforce planning and workforce management.
- • Support design and implementation of KPI’s that serve as catalysts for change by helping leaders and managers make data-driven decisions about their workforce (e.g., turnover, span of control, headcount demographics, staffing efficiencies, engagement measures, risk-of-leaving for high performers, effectiveness of hiring processes).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Full or part-time enrollment in an accredited college or university baccalaureate program.
- Major course work in Business Administration/Management, Management Information Systems, Health Information Management, Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, or related degree
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Communicate effectively while interacting directly with colleagues, clientele, and/or other internal or external constituencies in the planning of assignments and the resolution of day-to-day operational problems.
2. Under supervision, provide entry-level professional services as appropriate to the day-to-day operating objectives of the area. Receives guidance, training, and mentoring from senior personnel in planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
3. Undertake and/or participates in projects and programs designed to develop professional skills and expertise appropriate to the needs of the organization.
4. Participate in the planning and implementation of unit projects and initiatives within area of expertise and ability.
5. As specifically requested by management, conduct research and reporting inclusive of recommendations or alternative proposals for action.
6. Undertake related studies or enrichment programs as appropriate to the specific objectives of the operating unit.
7. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org