Hm Health Solutions Inc.
Job Description :
Summer Internship May – August 2020 in HM Health Solutions. This position is based in either Pittsburgh, PA or Camp Hill, PA. Please apply to location of choice ONLY.
The start date for this position would be May 2020. Interviews of qualified applicants will begin in November 2019 through March 2020. Offers will be extended within this given time frame.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct security monitoring and incident review using a Security Information and Event Management platform (SIEM).
- Assist with execution of enterprise vulnerability scanning activities and coordinate remediation of cyber security incidents.
- Collect forensic data on assets as part of cyber security investigations.
- Review and make updates to our Cyber Incident Response Plan (CIRP) and playbooks.
- Complete tasks to enable the on time, within budget, and in-scope delivery of information security projects.
- Present new and existing information security information to workforce and management.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Full or part-time enrollment in an accredited college or university baccalaureate program.
- CompTIA Network+ and/or CompTIA Security+ are a plus
- Major course work in Information Security, Information Systems, Security Operations, Cyber Forensics, or related degree
- Knowledge of Operating Systems Concepts (Windows, Linux, macOS, and/or z/OS)
- Knowledge of Networking Principles (TCP/IP, routing/switching, OSI Model)
- Knowledge of Information Security concepts
- Scripting skills (e.g. Python, Ruby) are a plus
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Communicate effectively while interacting directly with colleagues, clientele, and/or other internal or external constituencies in the planning of assignments and the resolution of day-to-day operational problems.
2. Under supervision, provide entry-level professional services as appropriate to the day-to-day operating objectives of the area. Receives guidance, training, and mentoring from senior personnel in planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
3. Undertake and/or participates in projects and programs designed to develop professional skills and expertise appropriate to the needs of the organization.
4. Participate in the planning and implementation of unit projects and initiatives within area of expertise and ability.
5. As specifically requested by management, conduct research and reporting inclusive of recommendations or alternative proposals for action.
6. Undertake related studies or enrichment programs as appropriate to the specific objectives of the operating unit.
7. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org