Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Guards Health Center against fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry by performing the following duties.
- Patrols, periodically, buildings and grounds of work site.
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure.
- Warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles, and apprehends or expels persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts.
- Inspects equipment and machinery to ascertain if tampering has occurred.
- Watches for and reports irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and security doors left unlocked.
- Observes departing personnel to guard against theft of health system property.
- Sounds alarm or calls police or fire department by telephone in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Permits authorized persons to enter property.
- Records data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of machinery or equipment, for use of supervisory staff.
- Regulates vehicle and pedestrian traffic at entrance to maintain orderly flow.
- May unlock and lock up Surgery Center/Professional Building .
- Monitors all parking lots .Supervises employee parking lots allowing only Surgery Center , Doctor’s offices patients and employees, parking privileges.
- Makes monthly safety and fire inspections , weekly building and ground inspections, and monthly ADT system checks.
- Member of fire brigade.
- Conducts snow removal and salts walkways as necessary.
- Assist with shipping and receiving and assist engineering as needed.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Criminal Background Clearance
- Microsoft Word
- Security certification
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org