Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides support to fellowship and residency programs in the form of medical writing by previewing preliminary research data and abstract information provided by fellows and residents and creating a publishable submission. The role of medical writer can be related to all areas of researching, writing and editing clinical/statistical reports and study protocols.
- Works with residents, fellows and physician faculty to facilitate the completion of clinical study reports, peer review publications and abstracts. (25%)
- Assists resident/fellow writers in the review of protocols and case report forms to ensure that methods are clearly presented, data categories are clear and terminology is consistent. (25%)
- Proof reads, reformats and edits document text as required to ensure that all documents for a writing project meet all requirements for formatting according to publishing standards. (20%)
- Tracks and monitors documents that are being prepared and is able to provide progress reports to residency/fellowship program directors. (15%)
- Performs other duties such as assisting with slide kits and monographs, CME pieces, abstracts and poster presentations. (15%)
- BA/BS in a science or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in editorial or medical writing in the industry
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org